To coincide with the launch of the 320 and 540 Visual Workstations, SGI released a ‘Widescreen’ flat panel display, the 1600SW. Using an all-digital interface and a unique SuperWide™ (16:10) aspect ratio, the 1600SW delivers a razor sharp image that has attracted a wide audience driving the display on a variety of platforms and hardware.
The monitor sports stylish ergonomics with good functionality and is adjustable to work in both landscape and portrait modes.
Below are a number of official PDFs for the display and associated documentation:
- SGI 1600SW User Guide
- 1600SW Datasheet
- SGI 1600SW™ Flat Panel Monitor Adapter Installation Guide for SGI O2
- Software Installation Guide for IRIX® 6.3
- SGI 1600SW Adapter Card Installation Note
- Silicon Graphics Stereo Adapter Card
- Colorlock User Guide
- SGI ColorLock Sensor for the SGI 1600SW Flat Panel Monitor
- SGI MultiLink Owner’s Guide
This section of the website is intended to provide assistance for both new and old owners wanting to get the best out of their 1600SW flat panel display. It is divided into the following sections: